January 2016 Recap

January 2016, has been crazy and hectic and wonderful. I decided to start this blog (and all that entails), my job has been crazy, I was hospitalized, and I have 5 family birthdays within 3 weeks.


Between everything, I managed to complete 7 books, go me! 
  1. Heir of Fire
  2. The Book Thief
  3. The Invention of Wings
  4. The Diviners
  5. You Were Here
  6. The Assassin's Blade
  7. Sabriel

Of the seven, I think Heir of Fire was my favorite. Throne of Glass is easily becoming one of my new favorite series (check out my reviews of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight if you don't believe me). The Invention of Wings was a book club choice, definitely not something I would have picked out on my own, and I think I liked it just for that reason. Hope to have that review up soon.

You Were Here was my first Net Galley provided book and review, and Cori McCarthy *actually read it! Talk about being flattered! I'm so new at this and I wasn't quite sure how I was doing, but this gave me a confidence boost.
I started a new cross stitch project this month that will probably stretch into many, many future months. Progress is slow going, but it's going. In the end, it will (hopefully) be the Hogwarts Crest. While working on this, I've been re-watching House, M.D. - one of my favorite shows - and discovered Jessica Jones. Thank you Netflix! I don't have cable so binge watching shows is a life saver when it comes to these things.



This was one of my favorite pictures from this month. The mug was a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law and his fiancee and the Star Trek coaster (set) was a gift from my husband. Uber-nerd here in case you couldn't tell. The Invention Of Wings and Queen of Shadows are in the background there too.



I was perusing my local Barnes & Noble and came across this set of notebooks and had to have them. I've been using this teeny, tiny little notebook to write quotes from books, but it just wasn't cutting it. These notebooks are perfect! I've already starting filling one with my notes on Queen of Shadows.






My top TBR for February:

  • A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
  • Snow Falling on Cedars
  • No One Knows by J.T. Ellison
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
  • Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes & Michelle Rowen

I also need to really stop adding things to my TBR list! It's at around 415+ books and just keeps growing. I suppose that's not a bad thing, but even at my current rate it would take me 4 years to get through without adding a single new book. Yikes. Perhaps I should take a speed reading course. Thoughts? Has anyone else taken one? Wish me luck!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top