Hello World!



This is the first post in my new book/craft blog. I have big hopes and plans for this thing, so here's goes nothing!

My goal for this blog is to write fairly short and concise reviews for the books I read. To tell you about the books I'm excited for, the covers I love, and other bookish things to my heart's content. I've challenged myself to read 100 books this year and I hope to write a review for at least half. I've read 4 since January 1st, so I'm already behind.

I tend to ready mostly young adult and fantasy, but I enjoy murder/mystery, literature, historical fiction, and a ton of other genres as well. I go through books like the world is ending - reading a physical book, an e-book, and listening to an audiobook all at the same time. You'd think it would be easy to get stories mixed up, reading more than one book at a time, but I think the different mediums help to keep them separate in my head. Plus, I can't drive and read at the same time (well, I can, but the police don't take too kindly to it) so I use my time wisely by listening to audiobooks during my commute. I also carry a book on me at all times. Yes, I'm one of those - and I am not ashamed.


I'm also into crafty things like cross stitch, sewing, knitting, crochet, etc. I'll probably post about these things too while I'm at it. I've recently undertaken a huge cross stitch project that you will probably see a lot of during its progression. It doesn't seem like it, but this baby will be nearly 20" x 24" when it's done. Yikes.

I am a huge Harry Potter nerd (if you couldn't tell from the above), and a fan of most things geeky and sci-fi - think Firefly, Star Trek, Supernatural, Buffy, comics... I'm sure you get the picture. I currently live in California with my husband, our four cats, and our dog. I work full time and squeeze in reading whenever I can. Be my friend on Good Reads! Follow me on twitter or instagram.

If you've read this far, I thank you, and hope you will join me for the rest of this journey!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top