Top 8: September 2016



There are a lot of great books due out this month! Below are the ones that I’m most looking forward to releasing this September. I can’t believe Empire of Storms is finally here! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever to find out what happened to Aelin and I’m fit to bursting. What about you?

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - September 6
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those don't.

As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.

The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman - September 6
book two in the Invisible Library series. Librarian-spy Irene is working undercover in an alternative London when her assistant Kai goes missing. She discovers he's been kidnapped by the fae faction and the repercussions could be fatal. Not just for Kai, but for whole worlds.  ||  My Review

Afterward by Jennifer Mathieu  - September 6
Two small town Texas teenagers whose lives are linked by a terrifying crime. When Caroline's little brother is kidnapped, his subsequent rescue leads to the discovery of Ethan, a teenager who has been living with the kidnapper since he was a young child himself. In the aftermath, Caroline can't help but wonder what Ethan knows about everything that happened to her brother, who is not readjusting well to life at home. And although Ethan is desperate for a friend, he can't see Caroline without experiencing a resurgence of traumatic memories.

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova - September 6
Nothing says Happy Birthday like summoning the spirits of your dead relatives. Alex is a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation…and she hates magic. At her Deathday celebration, Alex performs a spell to rid herself of her power. But it backfires. Her whole family vanishes into thin air, leaving her alone with Nova, a brujo boy she can’t trust. A boy whose intentions are as dark as the strange markings on his skin.   ||   My Review

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake -  September 20
Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess -  September 20
Henrietta Howel can burst into flames. When she's brought to London to train with Her Majesty's sorcerers, she meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, young men eager to test her powers and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.

Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter -  September 20
A modern retelling of the Russian folktale “Vassilissa the Beautiful”

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo -  September 27
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world.


Are you looking forward to any of these? What’s your most anticipated release in September?

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for many of these too! I think Crooked Kingdom tops the list, but I'm also like a book behind with the ToG series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for Crooked Kingdom - only a few more weeks! Holy moly the ToG series... just wait, at least I love it and I hope you do too!

      Delete
  2. Empire of Storms is really great. And I'm SUPER excited for Crooked Kingdom; I love the Six of crows world!

    Also looking forward to The Masked City and Vassa in the Night, and I've added a bunch of the rest of your list to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished Empire yesterday and my heart... I simply cannot get over this series, I love it! Also super excited for Crooked Kingdom! I wasn't sure I could like Six of Crows more that the Grisha Trilogy but Bardugo went and roved me wrong.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Labyrinth Lost and Three Dark Crowns seems so fascinating. The others that are sequels, I have not read the first books yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Three Dark Crowns was an instant add to my tbr once I read the synopsis. As for the others, there's no time like now to start the different series if you're interested in one or two :)

      Delete
  4. So I need to add the Sarah J. Maas books to my TO READ list...as well as Afterward. Oddly, this list never seems to get shorter and I'm always constantly behind on it. *shrugs* At least I'm guaranteed to have something to do in case of the apocalypse, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll regret it. I picked up Throne of Glass on a whim and I'm never looking back. Books are definitely one of the things I plan on trekking around with me in case of an Apocalypse. Or maybe just camping out in a library?

      Delete

Back
to top