Montly Recap


October went by in a flash! I felt like it was gone in the blink of an eye and I hardly had a moment to sit down. I only managed a few blog posts, but I did get through more books than I had thought, so that’s a plus. Can you believe it’s already November and the holiday season is upon us???


I'm actually pretty surprised I read 9 books in October. I didn't think the number was quite so high until I was putting this list together. Falling Kingdoms was my 100th read of the year! I have officially met my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal for 2016. At this point I'm ultimately going to try for 120 finishes, we'll see if I can make it!
 Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo 5/5 
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 3/5 
Broken Harbor by Tana French* 3/5 
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory* 4/5 
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess 4 /5 
The Taming of the Queen by Philippa Gregory* 4/5 
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes 4 /5 
The Girls by Emma Cline* 3/5 
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling 4/5 
*2016 Audiobook Challenge Listen
The Girl on the Train was a re-read for me and was my Book club read for October. We read the book and instead of our normal meet up, we had dinner at a local restaurant then went to see the movie. It was a nice change of pace and the movie was okay. I love Emily Blunt, but I wasn't all that impressed with the book so I wasn't surprised. 

My favorite read was Crooked Kingdom. Even though it'd been a while since I read Six of Crows and it took me a few chapters to remember everything that was going on, it was wonderful to be back in Ketterdam with the Dregs. I'm going to miss that little group. 

I made huge progress on my Hogwarts Crest this month, which thinking back now I'm not sure where I found the time! I completed all of the Griffindor section and most of the Slytherin, and will be moving on to the central part of the piece soon. Hopefully I'll have some Ravenclaw finally showing! Initially I thought I would be done by the end of this year, but that's not looking likely unless I were to drop everything else and devote all of my free time to the Crest. That's okay though, I'm happy with my progress.


I'm itching to pick up a new project but I still have this and my Link to finish, so I need to concentrate on those. 

Let's see, what happened in October? My husband and I switched from T-Mobile to Google's Project-Fi service carrier. Let me tell you, it was the easiest cell phone plan/carrier change I have ever experienced. I also went to a Paint Nite with a couple friends and came home with this! Sorry for the shadowy picture, not great lighting in that room.


I wore a costume to work for the first time in five years because others were finally into the holiday spirit and we were having a party, and guess what?! Only one other person dressed up! I knew that would happen, and that's the reason I stopped dressing up in the first place, but you know what? I rocked it! I received tons of compliments and I wasn't embarrassed at all. Be yourself! (This picture actually won a Fierce Reads Heartless contest on Halloween, so go Queen of Hearts!)


I discovered it's Holidrizzle season again! My favorite is the white chocolate peppermint bark, but I don't think that's back until later, so Candy Corn will have to hold me over.

Other than that, October was fairly uneventful. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but maybe we need months like that? I know I was busy! I'm definitely looking forward to the next few months. Holidays here we come!

How was your October? Read anything great? Have any suggestions for me? Are you ready for the holidays? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top