Some Quick Recaps


I've managed to get through 10 books so far in February! More than I'd thought, but I didn't get to post as much as I'd hoped. 

Most of what I read were older releases, but new to me - books I've had on my TBR list forever but hadn't gotten around to until now. Instead of trying to write individual reviews, I thought I'd try some short recaps about a few. 


Source: GoodreadsQueen of Tomorrow
4/5 stars ⋆⋆⋆⋆

The second installment of the Stolen Empire series by Sherry D. Ficklin - can we take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous cover by the way? This trilogy has some seriously beautiful covers to be sure.

Queen of Tomorrow is an historical fiction about Catherine, Grand Duchess of Russia, the future Catherine the Great. It's a great, quick read full of conspiracies, spies, love, plotting, and trying to stay alive. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys losing themselves in a novel with a strong female lead, romance thick with plotting, jewels, and royal intrigue.

Shades of Milk and Honey
2/5 stars ⋆⋆

Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal is Victorian England Pride & Prejudice but where magic is common place and the main character has only one sister and is the oldest.

Shades of Milk and Honey had such good reviews and had such a good premise that I was really excited to read this one, but I was ultimately let down. Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge Pride & Prejudice fan, but this was so similar it was surprising enough that I thought I had missed a disclaimer somewhere in the description. I also found myself bored to the point I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Source: GoodreadsQueen of Shadows
5/5 stars ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Aelin has come to terms with her truth and herself. She's plotted and planned and will get back at everyone who had taken those she loves from her. And it gets dirty.

Queen of Shadows is the epic follow up to Heir of Fire in the Throne of Glass series by Sara J. Mass. I've blogged about the first two installments here and here. I never did get around to writing about Heir of Fire, but perhaps someday. I kept putting off finishing this one because I didn't want it to end only to be left waiting for book 5, but I eventually caved and oh gods was it good! SO MANY FEELS! Aelin, Chaol, Rowan, Dorian, Aedion, Lysandra, Mannon, Kaltain, Elide, I was rooting for all of them.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Do you agree with any of my thoughts?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top