April Recap

April was a very busy month! Was it busy for you? I felt like I never really had time to sit and relax.


I finished 11 books in April- 7 Audiobooks, 5 physical books. I think I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m going to get through more audios this year than physical books, but I’m okay with that. This brings me to 24 audiobooks listened to so far of my goal of 50 for my 2016 Audiobook Challenge.

  1. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner  3/5 ðŸŒŸ
  2. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga  4/5 ðŸŒŸ
  3. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab 5/5 ðŸŒŸ
  4. Room by Emma Donoghue  4/5 ðŸŒŸ
  5. The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder 4/5 ðŸŒŸ
  6. Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby  3/5 ðŸŒŸ
  7. Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman  5/5 🌟
  8. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid  3/5 ðŸŒŸ
  9. Partials by Dan Wells  4/5 ðŸŒŸ
  10. My Best Friend's Exorcism: A Novel by Grady Hendrix  5/5 ðŸŒŸ
  11. Fragments by Dan Wells 4/5 ðŸŒŸ
I had a treat yo self day and bought the current Harry Potter coloring books and the Bloomsbury UK Box set of the Harry Potter books and I cannot begin to describe to you how beautiful they are - just gorgeous! I'm over the moon to own a UK set of these books!







I managed to finish through page 4 of my Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest this month! Only 8 more pages in the pattern to go! I joke that at this rate, I’ll be done by Christmas. I joke, but it’s very true.


I also made this cute, quick gift for a co-worker as a going-away gift. She was my only fellow Browncoat and I’m going to miss her.

I was lucky enough to find a copy of The Drawing of the Three at a local Goodwill to finally complete my Dark Tower box set again after years of a whole where book two should be. Teaches me to lend out any books!


A wonderful book haul courtesy of a Barnes & Noble gift card and 20% off coupon. My little Life's Library is growing and growing! 



I ran my first official 10k! I run a lot on my own, but this was my first real race and it was amazing! I finished in 52 min, 11 seconds, for an average of 8:24min/mile, a personal record. Out of nearly 560 people, I finished 89th! I couldn’t believe it. I really liked not having to stop for cars, crossing the street, etc, which is probably why my time improved so much, so I may do more races. We’ll see :)

The left is post race with my finisher medal and the prelim results, and on the right is the official race results.

How did April treat you? Read any excellent books? Are you ready for May?

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top