Coffee Book Tag

Hey everyone, how goes it? I saw this fun The Coffee Book Tag by Ashlee over at Her Geekery and thought it was such a clever idea and wanted to play along! You can check out her Coffee Book Tag post here. I'm sure you can figure it out, but the idea is to take the prompt and think of a book or series that matches the type of beverage.



Black: A series that's tough to get into but has hard core fans - Game of Thrones

DzaDze.deviantart.com
While I have read this series, I had to listen to the audiobooks to do it. I tried to read through hard copies but with over 1,000+ pages each and teeny, tiny font on tissue thin paper it was too much for me. They can be very tough to sit and read through (for some) but man is the force strong in their fan base! They're crazy dedicated to their theories and (not to mention the show). Hey, I'm one of them! I know it's not for everyone - there's so much world building and information overload that even the tiniest of details could come back to be a big plot point four books from now, that even just that can turn people off. With that being said, if this is a series you've been wanting to read but have been afraid to because it seems a bit daunting, you're not alone. I was once the same way. I recommend the audiobooks! The narrator is awesome and it's so much easier to keep track of people and places. Plus if you use an app like Overdrive or Smart Audiobook Player you can listen at 2x speed and be done in only 23 hours instead of 46!


Peppermint Mocha: A book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year - A Christmas Carol

Definitely a winter classic!

Hot chocolate: A favorite children's book - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


I loved this book growing up and I'm not sure why I haven't continued re-reading it. While Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is still one of my favorite movies, the book just has those special touches Roald Dahl was perfect at. I can't wait to read this with my kids some day.

Starbucks: A book you see everywhere - Lady Midnight


I don't know about you, but I've seen this one everywhere books are sold lol and all over the interwebs. It's everywhere. Even on my own Instagram feed.

The Hipster Coffee Shop: A book by an indie author (a shout out) - Penryn & the End of Days Series


I haven't read this series yet, but it's been on my TBR for a very long time and those that have read it seem to have nothing but good things to say.  Also it's free on Kindle Unlimited - just putting that out there - which my husband got me for Valentine's Day and I need to do a better job of taking advantage of while I have it! But I digress. From what I know, this series is worth my time.


Oops! I Accidentally Got Decaf: A book you were expecting more from - Red Queen


This is probably an unpopular opinion, I'm not sure, but I was sorely disappointed with the Red Queen. I thought it had so much potential but I was let down left and right. It fell for every YA trope in the book and I couldn't stand the main character.

The Perfect Blend: A book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying - The Storied Life of A.J. Fickry


A truly bitter sweet read that I thoroughly enjoyed. A quick read that will make you laugh and tear up and feel the feels.

Green Tea: A book or series that is quietly beautiful - The Serpent King


If you haven't seen my review of The Serpent King yet, you can here. I love, love, love this book. It's such an amazing read that may or may not change your life. I know it made me stop and look at myself and gave me goals for the type of person I want to be.

Chai Tea: A book or series that makes you dream of far off places - Outlander Series

Source
I could have picked this for number one (black - a series that's hard to get into) because it definitely fits the bill. I haven't read it yet, I've only watched the show, but I've bought the first book and I'm dying to read it.  I know time & inter-dimensional travel isn't a real thing, but if it were, I would be first in line to go back to 1500s England, or 1700s Scotland, or pre-Christian Rome before the dark ages, or Egypt before the empires fell.

Earl Grey: A favorite classic - Pride and Prejudice


I love me some Lizzie Bennet and Mark Darcy. I don't think I need to go into this much more than that. The Bennet family is crazy and they make my laugh and while Darcy isn't someone I would necessarily want to date in real life. it's still a classic and I love it.



What choices would you pick for each option? Do you agree with any of my choices? Please feel free to participate in the tag and if you do, I'd love to see your picks! Leave me a comment with a link to your post so I can check them out! Happy reading :)

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you got a chance to join in! I'm totally with you on the Game of Thrones books. I'm getting through the series by listening to the audiobook too! And I agree with everything you said about Red Queen. Such a major disappointment. I barely managed to get through that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm so glad you agree about Red Queen and GoT. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

      Delete

Back
to top