June Recap

I know, I know. This is very late. Sorry dear readers! Life has gotten a bit hectic as of late. It seems like I turned one year older and everything has just started to lag behind; now I’m stuck playing catch-up.

The blog got a redesign at the end of the month! What do you think? I’m pretty happy with it.
On to the recap!










I finished 10 books in June! I listened to more books than I physically read due to me being extremely busy, spending more time in the car, and spending more time listening while cross stitching my Steotchalong project (which I’ll talk about more below). I’m still happy about my progress. This is also why I don’t make TBR lists. The photo above? That is what I planned to read in June.

This is what I actually read. Pretty big difference.

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard 4/5 ðŸŒŸ
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman* 2/5 ðŸŒŸ
The Likeness by Tana French* 3/5 ðŸŒŸ
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson 3/5 ðŸŒŸ
The Drowning by Camilla Lackberg* 4/5 ðŸŒŸ
The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King 4/5 ðŸŒŸ
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell* 3/5 ðŸŒŸ

Truthwitch was a random pickup for me. I'd seen it all over a while back but wasn't sure if I was going to read it, but saw it at the library and figured why not. I'm really glad I did because I ended up really enjoying it and am exciting for Windwitch next year.

I was pretty disappointed with Seraphina and The Unexpected Everything. They'd had such great reviews and so much hype, but I was not impressed at all with Seraphina, I almost didn't even finish the book, and thought TUE was just okay. The Murder of Mary Russell was my book club's choice for June. It's not my usual read, but it was refreshing to have something different in the mix.


I carved some time out to go to BFest at my local Barnes & Noble. Apparently, despite living in a heavily populated city, my store is not busy enough to get that big of an event, but I still had a good time! I played YA trivia on day 1, and won! – don’t worry, I didn’t beat down any kids to get the prize, only 2 others my age participated so it was well matched. They even gave us these mustaches to wear.

I stopped by on day 2 to check out all the goodies, and while we had a fairly good selection, we didn’t have the Fierce Reads coloring book or any ARCs that others posted. Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely grateful for everything we did get! I just really wanted one of those coloring books :( I wouldn’t have turned down an ARC or two either ;)

Did you go to your local BFest? I hope they continue this even annually? I think it’s a great way to get more young people involved in reading, or anyone really.


I’m participating in the fourth Mystery Steotchalong! If you’re a cross stitcher (and even if you’re not), this is a fun event. It’s the second time I’ve participated (last year was Star Wars!). I think I’ve figured this year’s pattern out already but I’m not 100%. I won’t spoil it for you, but I’m pretty sure we’re stitching upside down. What tricky people! If you don’t want to know, don’t tilt your head, but once you do, it will probably become pretty obvious. If not, feel free to ask me in the comments and I’ll share my theory.




Just wanted to share this picture of my cats being a little crazy and cute. Leia is 'trying' to help me with my cross stitch.

How was your June? Are you playing catch up? Read anything excellent or have any good recommendations for me?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top