Monthly Recap


I can’t believe September is already over and I’m going to start dating things as October. Am I alone? It’s the month of changing leaves, Halloween, and candy corn. Do you like candy corn? I do! I finally got a chance to slow down this month and get in more reading and stitching time. It was a nice change of pace.


I read 11 books in September. Some were phenomenal - Empire of Storms - and some left me bored to tears - Break in Case of Emergency. It was definitely and eclectic selection with a wide range of genres and material. 

Faithful Place by Tana French* 3/5 ✰
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn* 3/5 ✰
*2016 Audiobook Challenge Listen

My favorite was definitely Empire of Storms and if you haven't read it yet, please do so. It's the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas and it left me so emotionally wrecked by the end I didn't know what to do with myself for two days. 
I rarely have book hangovers but this was something else. I'm not prepared to wait another year for the next book! I'm going to have to re-read the entire series before then.

I pre-ordered EoS through Amazon and when I got to page 101, the section of pages justy fell out of the book! I couldn't believe it! I wanted to exchange it, but Amazon's policy is they won't send out a new copy, or refund your money, until you return the damaged one. Of course I didn't want to wait for shipping times to finish reading it, so I went to my local Barnes & Noble and bought the special edition copy. Then just returned the broken copy to Amazon. Has anyone else had something else like this happen to them? I tweeted it to Bloomsbury as it was obviously a binding issue, but they never responded.

I hope to have my reviews of Empire of Storms, Futhremore, and A Torch Against the Night up soon, and a few more on the list. I'm also at 48 of my goal of 50 audiobooks listened to this year! I'm way ahead of schedule so I think I'm going to have to up my goal. What should I change it to?

I made some great progress on my Hogwarts Crest. Finally! I finished the middle left side and have officially begun the largest part of the pattern. I know most people start from the center and work their way out, but I stitch how I read - left to right, top to bottom. I’m just hoping this part doesn’t take me another 4 months to get through! My Griffindor lion has a butt :)

Not much to report here other than what you see above. I spent most of my free time either reading, stitching, or with my husband and fur family and I am perfectly happy with that. I needed the rest after running around non stop for months on end.
I had a rough couple of days in and out of doctors' offices at one point, so I decided to completely ignore my tbr pile and finally take time time to do a reread of Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. It was worth it and, I felt, well deserved. This was my first time reading a version of The Philosopher's Stone, and truth be told, even though I've read The Sorcerer's Stone so many times, it's been so long I couldn't really tell how much of it was different slang wise. I just know I loved it.

My husband surprised me with the Game of Thrones coloring book, which was awesome! It has some great illustrations, but some are more like hand sketches, so I'm not sure how to color them in yet.
How was your September? Are you ready for fall and Halloween? Do you dress up? Have you read any of the books I read this month?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top