Monthly Recap


November was a whirlwind! I'm not sure where it went but man did it fly by.  I feel that's been the way of things for the last few months and I'm not sure things are slowing down any time soon. Am I alone in this? With the holidays and days being shorter in general, I feel there's just less time to get things done! 

At first I thought audiobooks would carry me through November because it seemed I just wouldn't have time to sit and read, but turned out I was about half and half. 



Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen* 4/5 ✰
The Snow Child by Ivey Eowyn 4/5 ✰
Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol*  4/5 ✰
Sea of Stars by Amy A. Bartol* 4/5 ✰
Darken the Stars by Amy A. Bartol* 4/5 ✰
The Burning Page by Genevieve Cogman  5/5 ✰
Gilded Cage by Vic James 4/5 ✰
*2016 Audiobook Challenge Listen

I adored This Adventure Ends. I definitely recommend this read to anyone looking for a contemporary YA novel. It's not your typical story with the same old tropes and I loved it. I was happy to finally cross the classic Sense and Sensibility off my list. The Snow Child was a book club read - not something I would have typically picked out but it was pretty good. Once of the great things about being in a book club is being forced to read something outside your normal spectrum. 

The Burning Page is the third installment in the Invisible Library series I was really looking forward to and I certainly hope there's another one! With that ending, oof. 

Sorry I've fallen behind on the blogging this month! I need to be better about writing more posts, and I will! More are to come. Did you see my review of Empire of Storms or Vassa in the Night?

Not much to report here. I didn't get much time to stitch this month and I made little progress on either my crest or my Link projects :(

My mom and I made our annual trip to The Great Dickens Christmas Fair in San Francisco on Black Friday; always a good time. This was our fourth year attending and it still holds its magic for us. We walk the streets of Victorian London (in the Cow Palace in SF), exploring everything the vendors, shows, and characters have to offer.  




They have booths with Harry Potter themed soaps, great period foods, and so many people who dress up or are in character. If you have the opportunity to go some time, it's well worth it!

We also put up our Christmas tree. I don't think you can tell, but the bottom two feet have no ornaments due to our many cats, so we jam pack the top. Also, note the Cubs helmet topper courtesy of my husband :)

How was your November? Did you have a great Thanksgiving? I know I intentionally did not talk about some major events that took place in November because I didn't want my post to be about politics. I wanted it to focus on the positives things that took place. I'm looking forward to a crazy December filled with warm peppermint mochas, weddings, several books, cross stitching, family, parties, and craziness. How about you?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top